Bingo -- A Winning Combination

>> Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sometimes, if I intend to use certain supplies I have on hand, I have to make a project centered around those supplies. I like to shop ( I am a woman after all ) but sometimes I take quite a while to get around to using the amazing goodies I bring home.

With the project I'm sharing today, that was the case.  I picked up a Silhouette file called 'bingo card' but I had yet to come up with an idea for how to use it.  Every time I browsed through my Silhouette library I admired this shape but passed it by since I didn't have a plan for it.

It was one of those files that I love the look of but I had no earthly idea how to fit it into a project.  This is where challenging myself comes in.

I decided to enlarge the design and made some adjustments to the size of the windows to accommodate my photos.  The result is a layout that makes me happy and another product from my 'stash' used!  Two birds with one stone!


Since the design of the cut-out is relatively complex, I didn't want to add a ton of embellishments but I did want to fill all of the windows with lots of Lily Bee goodness.


It was a simple matter of choosing patterns to tuck behind the openings and adding some punched shapes and homemade baubles and buttons from my collection.  I added the journaling around the die-cut shape, both telling my story and creating a visual frame accented with tiny punched triangles.


I do like adding just part of a punched shape to create visual interest (see the partial heart frame and heart).  I also decided to outline the shapes in fine black marker in order to emphasize the cut-outs.


Lily Bee Supplies used:
Handmade:  Papers - Patchwork, Sky Blue / ABC Cardstock Stickers / 6x6 Tiny tablet
Buttercup: 6x6 Tiny Tablet / Bag of Bits / Index Journal Cards

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek April 3, 2012 at 6:01 AM  

What an AWESOME idea for a lo!! I just loveeeeeeeeee this!! WOW!!!

angie gutshall April 3, 2012 at 6:06 AM  

OMW! I remember playing those cards in the car on trips as a child. Great layout!!

LisaDay April 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM  

This is seriously cool!!

Unknown April 3, 2012 at 12:01 PM  

This is so fun! Inspiring me to use my Silhouette more often!

Post a Comment